We believe that every business has the responsibility to take care of our neighborhoods, communities, and our planet. Let's be real - wearing something you know hurt the environment or exploited low wage workers just doesn't feel good, and it's not something our global community can continue doing if we want to keep life on our planet thriving. That's why we have made sustainable practices an essential part of our day to day here at KOZAKH. You can feel good knowing the jewelry you put on your body is made sustainably by our use of carbon offsets, zero waste manufacturing, recycling, and much more.
Here's how we're being sustainable:
1. We offset 100% of the carbon emissions generated by our office, employees, and travel every month by purchasing carbon emission offset credits from The Gold Standard
2. We are 100% made-to-order. That means we don’t mass produce anything. It also means we don't have inventory that turns into waste.
3. We use recycled metals whenever possible, and we also recycle all of our scrap metal.
4. All of our materials are natural. We don’t use any kind of plastic, acrylic or resin that is harmful to the environment in our manufacturing process.
5. All of our packaging materials are 100% recyclable, and 50% of them are made from recycled materials.
6. We use high quality materials that are made to last. That means they won’t end up in the trash. This is counter to what many jewelry brands are using today in this world of "fast fashion." Buying better quality products means less garbage in the landfills.
7. All of our jewelry is handmade in the USA by our in-house team of jewelers. Our employees are well paid and love their jobs. We do not exploit low wage workers or use overseas sweatshops. Poverty is most certainly not sustainable.
We are always looking for ways we can improve our sustainability efforts. If you have any ideas or solutions you think we should adopt, please send us an email. We'd love to learn from you!
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org